Rose water is made by soaking rose petals in distilled water. The result is a fragrant water that can be used to flavor foods, drinks and used for beauty products.
Rose water is excellent for the skin. It helps balance the pH of the skin, stimulating the capillaries under the skin, as well as moisturizes, hydrates and soothes scars, wounds, eczema and acne. It also strengthens skin and helps the skin maintain its elasticity.
- 1/2 cup rose water
- 1 tablespoon sweet almond oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable glycerin
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Heat the rose water gently.
- Mix the glycerin, cornstarch and almond oil together. Pour into the heated rose water and mix thoroughly.
- Cool, and place in a jar.
Yields: 4 oz. facial cream
Tips: If it doesn’t thicken, place in the microwave for 15 seconds. Repeat, if necessary.
If it is too thick, add distilled water and stir.