My husband requested his mother’s peanut butter cookies. So, she recommended I try Simply Recipes recipe for them.
They were very simple to make and my husband loved them.
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter (her recipe says 1/2 cup)
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Beat the butter until smooth and creamy. I like my butter to look white and fluffy. Add the sugars 1/4 cup at a time, beating the entire time. Beat in the peanut butter until smooth. Add the egg.
- Sift the dry ingredients and add to the peanut butter mixture, slowly. A little at a time.
- Chill the dough for a minimum of 3 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Shape the dough into 1 1/4 inch sized balls. Flatten on an ungreased cookie sheet spacing them 2-inches apart with a fork.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
Yields: 36 cookies