White Bean, Quinoa and Kale Salad
- 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups kale
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 2 slices of red onion
- 1 can cannelini beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dill, fresh
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil 1 cup water. Add the quinoa. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Sauté the kale, carrots and onions in a skillet until the kale is wilted. Add the beans, and toss 1 more minutes.
- With the remaining oil, the vinegar, dill and salt and pepper, combine in a small bowl.
- When the quinoa is cooked, combine all ingredients together, including the crumbled bacon.
Yields: 4 servings.