Cranachan is a Scottish invention of sweetened whipped cream with whiskey, fresh raspberries and toasted oats. I played with this recipe to create my own breakfast version that helps use up leftover cranberry sauce! It is light and healthy, after your large holiday meal!
- 2 cups non-fat vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 cup leftover cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup pinhead oats (Irish oats, steel cut oats)
- Heat a large heavy based skillet/frying pan on the stove until hot. Add the oats and stirring constantly, toast the oats until they have a light, nutty smell and is just beginning to change colour. Do not leave unattended, the oatmeal can quickly burn. Remove the oats from the pan.
- In individual serving glasses layer the dessert starting with yogurt, followed by cranberry sauce. Add another layer of yogurt and a light sprinkling of oatmeal.
- Cover the bowl or glasses with plastic wrap and chill for a minimum of one hour.
This is a Blog Hop!
This list will close in 2 days, 13 hrs, 54 min (12/24/2012 11:59 PM Australia – Australian Eastern Standard Time)