- 1/2 cup tofu, firm
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa, cooked
- 3/4 cup Splenda
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a mixer, beat the tofu until smooth and creamy. Add the applesauce and keep mixing. Add the vanilla extract.
3. In a separate bowl, sift the flour, the quinoa, Splenda, sugar, cinnamon, salt and baking soda.
4. Gently mix the dry ingredients into the applesauce / tofu ingredients.
5. Fold the oatmeal and chocolate chips into the mixture.
6. Place dough in walnut-sized pieces about 1 inch apart from each other onto a prepared cookie sheet. Press down the cookies slightly before baking.
7. Bake 12 – 15 minutes, until golden brown.
Yield: 36 each
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Start to finish: 25 minutes