Today, Loredana asked me if I had this recipe. Funny enough I do. When we were in Secondary School in Bermuda, we learned to make these in our Food and Nutrition class! Mrs. Gray was an older woman from Scotland, who seemed to be in a perpetual bad mood. I found her to be funny! She had a big heart and I soon became her Cookery Assistant. I would help her prepare for her afternoon classes during my lunch hour. I remember Maria joined the ranks too! Who else?!
So here it is, Kim and Loredana:
Bacon and Apple Triangles
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup fat (ha!)
- 4 – 6 tbsp. water
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 50 g / 2 oz fat (again, ha!)
- 100 g / 4 oz. bacon
- 2 tomatoes, quartered
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 apple, peeled and sliced
- seasoning (I assume, salt and pepper)
- little beaten egg
- Make pastry – roll out thinly and cut into 4 circles.
- Place pastry circles on a baking sheet.
- Melt fat in frying pan and fry bacon 2 – 3 minutes. Add tomatoes, onions, apples and seasoning. Cook 2 – 3 minutes.
- Allow to cool and place in the centre of each circle. Brush edges with water and bring together. Press edges to seal. Brush with the beaten egg.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 – 35 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold.
- Garnish with endive.
Yields: 4 servings
If you take a picture, let me know! I can post it here!!!