What a better way to celebrate a special morning than hot, spicy sticky buns. My mother-in-law makes these and they are awesome! Every Christmas, we get to wake up to these and it is the best way to celebrate the day. She told me that a lady from a job she had used to bring them in and everyone adored them.
Here is Nancy’s recipe for Sticky Buns….
1. Purchase frozen bread dough (usually 2-3 loaves per pkg.) – you only need 2
2. Lightly spray a 9 x 13 plan w/ cooking oil and place 2 frozen loaves in pan covering top with saran wrap to thaw overnight in refrigerator
3. In the morning, take out thawed loaves and put on cutting board to cut lengthwise down the middle and then horizontally into 12 pieces each
4. Put chopped walnuts (I use approx. 3/4 – 1 c.) into bottom of pan
5. Place the 24 pieces of bread dough on top
6. Melt one stick of butter in pan and add: 1/2 c. brown sugar, 1 small package of vanilla pudding (NOT instant), 3 T. milk, and 1 t. cinnamon
7. Pour mixture over top of dough spreading evenly as possible. Cover with thin towel or waxed paper and raise for 1 hour or so until doubled.
8. Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees
9. Turn onto plate as soon as out of the oven
ENJOY! P.S. They can be reheated in the microwave for a few seconds if needed