Photo by Lori Maffei
- Chop up 8 ounces of high-quality chocolate — white, milk or dark, whichever you prefer. Put it in a bowl.
- Heat ¾ cup cream and 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil.
- Pour hot cream over the chocolate and allow the mixture to melt for 10 minutes.
- Mix thoroughly until the chocolate and cream are completely incorporated.
- Cover and allow to cool on the counter for about 45 minutes.
- At this point, you can add flavoring if you like. A teaspoon of orange extract, vanilla extract, raspberry liqueur or amaretto all give a different spin. Then, use a mixer and make sure the flavoring is fully incorporated and the ganache is creamy. Chill for about 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
- After the ganache has chilled, place the bowl of ganache over another bowl filled with ice to keep the ganache cold. Using your hands — or a melon baller — shape the ganache into walnut-sized balls. If needed, powder the palms of your hands with cocoa to keep the ganache from sticking and roll it gently. Place each truffle onto a cookie sheet about one inch apart and chill until ready to serve.
- To dress up your truffles, you can roll them in cocoa powder, powdered sugar, crushed walnuts or shredded coconut. Place the topping you prefer on wax paper and gently roll the ball in the topping, firmly enough for it to stick, but not so hard that you squish the truffles.
© 2011 Jennifer A. Wickes All Rights Reserved. No part of this document may be reproduced without written consent from the author.
Sweet Adventures Blog Hop – Festive Favourites
The SABH is brought to you by Delicieux, The Hungry Australian, Dining With a Stud, The Capers of the Kitchen Crusader, and myself, 84th & 3rd. This blog hop is open to all food bloggers. Please only link-up new posts published on or after this link went live – 19 December 2011 Australian Eastern Standard Time.
IMPORTANT – Please read the instructions below, they explain how to link up and how to get the hop to appear on your post. If you aren’t sure of something leave a comment orsend me an email and I will help where I can.
- Click here for the Link Code – Grab the code and add it to the bottom of your Festive Faves post, you will need to do this in HTML view.
* Adding the code will create the thumbnail link list on your post so people can hop from one entry to the next!
* REMEMBER – if you are on wordpress.com [not self hosted] the list will not show on your blog, please create a text link back to this post so others can hop through the entries!
- Grab the SABH Festive Faves badge and add it to your post – you can get it at the top of this post or from the Announcement page.
* Just right click on the image, ‘save as’, upload to your site and add it to your Festive Faves post.
* Link the badge or a line of text to the hostess post [that’s this page here] so that others can view the instructions on how to join.
- Click here to Enter the Hop – This is the really important bit! The badge and thumbnail list are on your post, make sure to enter the hop so you appear in the list.
* On the entry screen, please add the link to your Festive Favourites Post [not your homepage].
* When asked for ‘your name’ please enter your blog name, not your name.
* Your entry will be submitted when you click ‘crop’ on your photo.
PLEASE NOTE – your linked post WILL NOT appear straight away in the blog hop thumbnail list. To combat spam this is a moderated hop. Your post will be visible in the list after approved. Entries are approved in the order they are submitted during waking hours in Sydney. A girl needs to get her beauty sleep.
This is a Blog Hop!