- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate — finely grated
- Melt chocolate in the top half of a double boiler, set over boiling water.
- Beat in butter and sugar until the sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and add egg yolks one at a time, beating well between additions. Stir in rum. Turn into a bowl, and cover with waxed paper. Set aside overnight in a cool dry place. Do NOT chill. Shape into balls 1 inch in diameter and roll in grated chocolate.
- Roll in grated nuts instead of grated chocolate. For example, walnuts or almonds.
- Use brandy OR another alcohol based flavoring, such as vanilla extract,orange extract, or almond essence.
Help! Please take a photo of this recipe and I will provide a reciprocal link. We can share traffic!
© 2011 Jennifer A. Wickes All Rights Reserved. No part of this document may be reproduced without written consent from the author.