- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cold and chopped
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Sift dry ingredients into a bowl.
- Add the butter and using a pastry blender, mix into the flour mixture until the size of peas.
- Add the instant espresso to the buttermilk, and then slowly fold into the dr
- y ingredients.
- Add the chocolate chips.
- Form into 8 scones and bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Yields: 8 scones