- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 2/3 cup icing sugar
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 5 egg whites
- 4 oz. butter, melted
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare cupcake pan with spray oil and flour. Paper liners will not work well with the recipe.
Combine the almond meal, sugar, flour and baking powder in a bowl.
Add the egg whites and mix thoroughly. While still mixing, slowly pour the butter into the batter.
Divide the batter evenly. Bake in the oven for 23 – 25 minutes.
Cool on a wire rack.
Yields: 12 cakes
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Mix thoroughly, and place some over each cake.
- 36 fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons superfine sugar
Dip the raspberries in the egg white and then toss gently in the sugar.
Serve three raspberries to each cake.