½ cup dried lentils
1 cup water
24 white corn tortillas
1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup frozen corn, defrosted
1 tomato, chopped
½ red onion, minced
½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
2 cloves garlic
2 teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoon salt
¼ cup mild enchilada sauce
1. Put water and lentils in a small pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes. Remove from heat and drain excess liquid. The lentils can be made the day before the party.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
3. Using a 4-inch round cookie cutter, cut a circle in each tortilla. Wrap the circles in a damp paper towel, and microwave on high for 1 minute.
4. Grease two muffin tins. Place a circle in each cup and spray with cooking spray. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from tin and cool on a wire rack. Do this up to two days in advance.
6. Toss lentils with remaining ingredients.
7. Fill each tortilla cup with some of the lentil mixture and serve.
Nutrition Information: 90 calories; 10 calories from fat; 3g protein; 20g carbs; 1g sugar; 1.5g total fat; 0g saturated fat; 0mg cholesterol;
4g dietary fiber; 200mg sodium; 6% Daily Values calcium; 4% Daily Values iron
Photo by Lori Maffei Photograpy.