Recipe by Jennifer A. Wickes
Photography by Lori Maffei
- 20 small red potatoes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- coarse kosher salt
- ½ onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup blue cheese (any variety, including vegan blue cheese)
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- a few sprigs of rosemary for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and place your rack on the middle shelf.
- Wash and dry the potatoes. Place in a bowl and coat with the olive oil.
- Roll the potatoes in course salt to cover lightly. Place on a baking sheet and bake 45 minutes.
- While the potatoes are baking, heat a small skillet over medium heat with any oil that was leftover from the potatoes. When the oil is hot, add your thinly sliced onions to caramelize. The onions should reach a golden brown. This will take up to 8 minutes.
- When the potatoes are cooked, cut an X on top of each potato. Gently push with your fingertips to open the potato. Sprinkle some onions on top of each, a little blue cheese and some rosemary.
- Serve immediately hot or at room temperature.
Yields: 20 servings.
Time: 1 hour
Mini-Baked Potatoes with Caramelized Onions